Interesting Facts about India. India is the 7th largest country by area and with more than 1.3B people and India is the 2nd most populous country as well as the most populous democracy in the world. India also is known as the Republic of India
Interesting Facts about India
- About 80% of the total population are Hindus.
- India is the 2nd most populated country in the world with a population of 1.2 billion.
- More than 23 000 people speak a language called “anal”.
- While the highest point of India is Kanchenjunga, the lowest point of India is Kuttanad.
- Buddha was of Indian origin.
- India has won 26 medals in the Olympic Games.
- Hockey is India’s national game.
- India has 22 official languages.
- The ancient Indus Valley Civilisation is over 8000 years old.
- Every note has a depiction of India.
- 12.The ministry of finance issues one-rupee notes.
- Polo too finds its roots in India. The game has gone through a lot of modification from the original though.
- Five international men’s Kabbadi tournaments have been held, and India won all of them.
- The Bengal tiger is India’s national animal.
- The tropic of cancer passes right through the middle of our country.
- Indian Railways have more than 1 million employees.
- Chilka is the largest lake in India.
Interesting Facts about India >Mawsynram in the Khasi hills is the wettest place in the world.
- Kanchenjunga with an altitude of 8585 meters, is the highest mountain peak in India.
- The smallest states and largest state in India are Rajasthan and Goa respectively.
- There are more mobile phones than toilets.
- The coldest place in India is Dras, which is located in the western part of Ladakh.
- Indian culture is one of the oldest in the world, going back to about 4,500 years.
- Hinduism and Buddhism are not the only religions in India there are so many religions, like Islam, Christianity, Sikhism, Jainism and more.
- The Taj Mahal located in Agra was one of the seven wonders of the world.
- India boasts of several dance forms such as Bharata Natyam, Kathakali, Kuchipudi, Odissi, and Manipuri.
- Each state here produces a different style of clothing. From sarees to lehengas to lungis and kurtas, India has it all.
- India minted a zero rupee note to make a point about the NGO 5th pillar’s move to fight corruption.
- Back in the days, the India five-rupee coin was smuggled all the way to Bangladesh and was used to make razors.
- A damaged or torn note can be exchanged at local banks.
- Dhyan Chand, the hockey legend, was offered a rank of field marshal in the German army by Hitler. He refused the offer and led the Indian team to win gold in the Berlin Olympics of 1936.
- A poet called Gyaydevji came up with this game called “Parambadham”. That is today’s snakes and ladders for you.
Basic information about India
Government >> Federal parliamentary constitutional socialist republic
Prime minister >> Narendra Modi
National Day >> 15 August.
National song >> “Jana Gana Mana”
Official website >> www.india.gov.in
Country Code >> IN.
Country Number/Prefix >> +91
Currency >> Indian Rupees (INR)
Timezone >> UTC +5.30
Total Population >> 1,324,171,354.
Biggest City >> Mumbai.
Capital >> New Delhi.
Land area >> 3,287,263 km2
Highest Mountain >> Kangchenjunga – 8586 meters.
Biggest Lake >> Shivaji Sagar Lake & Wular Lake
Official language >> Hindi, Tamil, Bengali, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Urdu, Konkani, Malayalam,
Sindhi, Santali, Telugu, Odia, Nepali, Marathi, Manipuri, Maithili, Kannada, Kashmiri, Gujarati, Dogri, Bodo, Assamese.
Member of Nato >> No.
BIGGEST CITIES OF INDIA
Bangalore, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, PuneSurat, Jaipur, Mumbai, New Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai.
Thanks for Reading. Read More Interesting Facts