25 interesting facts about foods
ladies and gentlemen boys and girls welcome to Interesting facts about food.
- An average person in u.s. eats 35 tons of food in a lifetime.
- Pizza Hut once spent 1 million dollars to deliver pizza into space.
- shoplifted food cheese is the most shoplifted food item in the world.
- honey is the only food in the world that can never expire experts say you could leave a jar of honey for 3,000 years and it would still be tasty and edible.
- fortune cookies,fortune cookies are not a traditional Chinese custom they were invented in the early 1900 in San Francisco.
- a microwave uses more electricity over its lifespan to power its clock than it uses to heat food.
- the amount of sugar an average American consumes in 5 days is more than the average American consumed an entire year 200 years ago.
- In the 1800s tomato ketchup was used to treat nausea and diarrhea.
- humans kill 1,776 animals for food every second.
- dynamite is made with peanuts.
- peanuts are not nuts they actually legumes.
- most cheap store-bought honey contains no pollen it’s just a blend of additives and corn syrup.
- chickens contain 266 percent more fat today than they did 40 years ago.
Almost half the world’s food is lost wasted or thrown away each year.
- carrots were originally purple.
- scientists can turn peanut butter into diamonds.
- childhood food allergies cost u.s. nearly twenty-five billion dollars each year.
- A plant-based vegan diet is the only thing proven to reverse heart disease which is the number one killer in u.s.a.
- just thinking about food can release dopamine in your brain which is a feel-good hormone also produced during sex and drug use.
- one pound of beef requires 2,500 gallons of water or the equivalent of a hundred and forty-seven days of showering.
- on August 10th, 2015 NASA astronauts ate food that has been grown in space for the very first time.
- 49 percent of US adults eat one sandwich every day.
- Octopuses are eaten alive in Korea.
- 100 years ago most Americans used to spend 43 percent of each day working just to get food nowadays it’s just seven percent.
- In 2k12 divers discovered a two thousand year old Roman shipwreck that was so well preserved even the food was still intact in storage jars.
- In the US as much as 40% of produce is never sold or eaten because is too ugly.
- The average American spends seven thousand eight hundred and fifty-two dollars on food every year.
Read More Interesting Facts about foods